free hit counter

View My Stats retziki girl strikes back: GREGORY'S GIRL

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

GREGORY'S GIRL



Gregory's girl is Scottish movie that was filmed in 1982 and has won one BAFTA award and some others. But don't be impressed because it isn't as good as you might think. Gordon John Sinclair plays Ggregory and Dee Hepburn Dorothy. Thankfully it lasts only 1 hour and 30 minutes.

The plot has to do with a teenage boy, Gregory, that plays in his school's football team as a goalkeeper but is not good at all. Then, there is an odition for new players and eventually a girl joins the team. Gregory falls for her and asks her out but then she doesn't come to the date and he goes for a walk with other girls and then it finishes.

That is what happens in the film. As you can see the story doesn't end. I mean I would prefer it to be longer but have a plot that would make sense. On the other hand it is very boring with only one or two funny moments but this is still not enough. As for the acting I can't judge the actors because I think that the script is very bad written and the characters are dreadful. I don't know if it was the scottish accent or the bad movie quality but as you might have noticed I didn't like it.

Finally I don't recommend it to anyone because you won't like it either. The only people who can enjoy it are those who are reminded of when they were at this age. And take my advice and never watch a film whose trailer doesn't give you an idea of the story.


Reply | Get This

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home