free hit counter

View My Stats retziki girl strikes back: doctor zhivago

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

doctor zhivago



Directed by David Lean, "Doctor Zhivago" is an epic movie based on Pasternak's novel. It was filmed in Russia, Spain, Finland and Canada in 1965 and although it is long -it lasts 3 hours- it impressed me as I don't expect old movies to be so good. The movie won many awards including 5 oscars,and was nominated for more.

The plot is set in the 1950's when the General Yevgraf Zhivago (Alec Guinness) narrates his brother's life story to a girl to find out if she's his niece. The story mainly is that Yuri Zhivago(Omar Sharif), famous poet and doctor, despite the fact he is married, falls in love with a revolutionare's wife during the Russian Revolution. This woman's name is Anna Antipova(Julie Christie). Will they overcome all the problems and will they eventually live happily ever after? Watch the film to find out.

As I mentioned before, I was a bit impressed as I didn't expect a so old movie to be that good. The movie was about the Russian Revolution and I must say that when it had to do with war it seemed real due to the special effects. Also, the acting was amazing as Omar Sharif, who's really handsome by the way, and Julie Christie got under the skin of it. I should also mention the music created by Maurice Jarre that suited every scene absolutely perfect and was the main reason I liked so much the film. Lastly it would be a shame of me not to talk about the plot and I feel I should congratulate not only the novel writer who's job was amusing, but also those who made it a film.

The only thing I didn't like was that it lasted hours and hours and somewhere in the middle it became boring.

So I do recommend it to adults but not to children because I'm sure they will find it boring. As for you that have decided to watch it, follow my advice and take a break in the middle so that you will be able to enjoy the other half that is the best part of the whole movie.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home